Permits, Permits, Permits
If there's one thing you should take away from this page, it's this: you need a permit to legally operate your glamping business.
We know it's boring and that you want to focus on the fun stuff, but the permitting stage is the most important part of your glamping setup journey.
It's the stage where you:
- Commit to the style of glamping units you're using
- Decide on the layout of your site
- Designate spaces for access routes, parking, storage, reception, etc
- Complete detailed technical and architectural drawings and design statements
- Apply for permission to build from your city/count
- Find out if you're allowed to continue pursuing your glamping dreams
What type of permit you need and to whom applications must be made vary by jurisdiction. Our zoning screening service is a cheap and quick way of answering these questions, and we recommend you commission a screening before starting the permitting stage.
A permit application isn't something that should be done from home. It requires experts who know what they're doing when it comes to site design, architecture and dealing with objections from neighbors and authorities. A homemade application will be laughed out the room.